Filling recipes for this week’s plant-based meal plan.
I’ve been studying culinary nutrition for several months, and part of the immersion in the program is that I have been eating a gluten-free diet. You’ve probably noticed several gluten-free options popping up on the site, as my newer recipes are all gluten-free, and I have been testing the older ones with gluten-free options and updating as time permits. This week’s plant-based meal plan is brimming with filling, gluten-free, whole foods meal ideas.
You know I love my Slow Cooker Steel Cut Oats, especially on chilly mornings – waking up to the smell of warm oatmeal and knowing that all I need to do is put it in a bowl just starts the day off right. Make a batch of Blueberry Almond Granola on the weekend to enjoy for quick breakfasts or snacks, and if you have a little more time you could enjoy the Simple Tofu Scramble for quick and easy hot breakfast.
My lunch meal prep for the coming week is Sweet Potato & Chickpea Coconut Curry with brown rice.
For your busiest day, prep the Easy Slow Cooker Vegetable Stew the night before so that all you need to do in the morning is transfer the crock from the fridge to the warming unit and turn it on. Feel content all day knowing that supper will be ready when you get home. There are several other quick and easy supper ideas for the week, including a little burst of summer from Pineapple Black Beans., because I found fresh and reasonably-priced fresh organic pineapple in the store this week. Sweet.
Have a great week.
The Weekly Meal Plan
- Slow Cooker Steel Cut Oats with shredded coconut, pumpkin seeds, and mixed berries
- Blueberry Almond Homemade Granola
- Simple Tofu Scramble
- Meal prep for the week: Sweet Potato & Chickpea Coconut Curry with brown rice
- Easy Slow Cooker Vegetable Stew
- Balti Tofu Curry with steamed green beans and brown basmati rice
- Meatless Meatball Marinara Subs (on gluten-free buns) with grilled zucchini, bell peppers and mushrooms
- Pineapple Black Beans with tri-colour quinoa
- Smoky Lentil Chili over baked yellow-fleshed sweet potatoes
- Chocolate Zucchini Muffins (the gluten-free version)
- Apple slices with almond butter
- Brazil nuts
- Hummus with fresh cut vegetables
What are you making this week?